Tuesday, January 30, 2007

no time.....

i have not had enough time to rest let alone blog. i've been working 12 hour shifts for the past 10 days and we have been wicked busy. i passed my drug calc test so now i can do everything a RN does except IV pushes. i don't know why they don't let GN's do that but they don't. i don't even know how many IVs i have done and meds i have given but i know it has been alot. since working OB, i have helped deliver one baby and was present for a c-section. what an adrenaline rush. it is so amazing to watch a baby being born and caring for mum and baby after is such a thrill. i have done a ton of NST (non stress tests). besides all that, work is going better than great and i love my job! i'll try to post more when i have a day off and am not too busy catching up on everything else that i have neglected since starting work!!

6 comments:

Krystin said...

I admire you...I don't think I could ever give someone a needle, let alone an IV...sounds busy, but fun :)

broberts said...

Congratulations on graduating and getting your job! I can tell you sure worked hard for it! It sure makes a difference in a job if you've worked hard for it and enjoy it. I love my job too, and it sure makes life a lot better (and its not such a hasstle to get up in the morning). And, I love having a cousin in the medical field that I can always ask questions! Keep it up cuz!

Tonikka said...

hi there im so glad that you got to help deliver a baby, i know its my favourite part of my job (when the doctors are late) then its up to us to deliver... i love it, nst's.... uugh have done a million and if i never had to do another when i go back..... lol c- section BLECH!!!!! i always make myself busy when one comes up but at my hospital we have a high c section rate so we are ALWAYS at one or another.... anyway wanted to say glad you are enjoying your job, (as a nurse i would NEVER EVER work 12's again..... i commend you, its only 8's for me...lol)
now that i wrote you a novel... have a great one

Anonymous said...

I agree with Krystin. I admire you as well. Sounds exciting though. Love ya and miss ya.

Anonymous said...

sounds crazy busy...poor mady must miss her mum...give her a kiss from us...

Tonikka said...

ok since i have no other way to get the pic to you (tattoo) i put a pic on my latest blog/...... the one with your crazy sis!!!!! anyway that is my first tattoo. i am going soon to get one done of my 3 kids names just not sure how or where