Their plane landed at 6:18pm on Wed Dec 16th....13 minutes late but they made us wait til 7p before coming out of the terminal cause they stopped to do some shopping!! :) We got home at 9:30 and just stayed up talking and getting them settled. Next morning we slept in and once we were done eating breakfast, mum said she wanted to go shopping to pick up some last minute Christmas gifts. We went to Watertown and stopped at walmart first. We were in walmart for over 3 hrs and my mum was shocked how much money she had spent so we didn't go to any other stores, except the dollar store across the parking lot. We were home around 6:30-7p. We then prepared for Christmas which we were having the next morning. Gifts were wrapped, presents were put under the tree, stockings were stuffed and we even had time to watch "My Sister's Keeper" and we made it to bed by 1a. I am always the first person awake on Christmas morning and it is my job to get everyone else up. I woke them up at 6a which I thought was pretty generous of me considering I slept on an off since 3:22 and wanted to get up them cause I was so excited. We started with stockings and made our way to the presents under the tree. We were done unwrapping and since we cleaned up along the way, we stared breakfast at 8a. We had sausage and egg mcmuffins and hashbrowns for Christmas morning breakfast. For the rest of the day we rested, visited, played with our presents, watched Christmas programs on tv, napped and put our gifts away. For those wondering when I was going to get to a list of everything everyone got, forget it...I can't remember!! :) But we all had a very memorable and wonderful Christmas all together. Nothing special happened on the morning/early afternoon on the 19th but at 3p we headed out to Upper Canada Village which was an hr away. It had Christmas lights, a light show to music, gingerbread houses that have won awards, candy shops, souvenir shops and most importantly hot chocolate. It was pretty cold that night. Once we got there, it didn't take long for some part of our body to be cold or Kian fussing so within half an hour we headed to the restaurant to warm up and eat. With food in our stomachs and hot chocolate in hand, we were much happier, warmer and the kids cooperated. We stayed til 8p and headed home. Sun, all that happened was Laurenne and I went to go see "New Moon." (I had pre-bought tickets and put them in her stocking and it was just us sisters and a movie, which was very nice.) Mon morning they had to get all packed up. We headed to the airport at 5p so they could catch their 8p flight home. Kian and Tony said their good-byes in the car and Mady and I went in with them to get checked in. After grabbing donuts with them at Tim Horton's they were on their way. They landed at 1a and got home and finally into bed by 4:30, they were foolish enough to stay up and unpack some of their bags even though they had to be up for work at 6am. We were so grateful for grandma/mum and auntie/lj's visit....18 months without seeing them was a really long time. Mady instantly took to them and was attached to the both of them...even slept with them on the first night. Once Kian warmed up to them, he loved Laurenne and would always want to be held and played with. Even if it was a short visit, we were happy to have them come and stay with us and esp that we were able to have Christmas together.
The next few days after they left, we rested and organized places for all the new gifts. On the 23rd, we had Christmas with his mum, sister and family and dinner at his mum's. We had a jolly old time making the kids wait right thru dinner and clearing the table before we opened each other's gifts. We felt pretty spoiled. As my vacation time wasted away, I was returning to work on the night of Christmas day, I continued to relax and enjoy the holiday season with my family. Christmas morning, we opened a few presents that we had saved for just us to open on the actual 25th. And now, I am back to work, missing my kids and hubby and quite jealous that he just informed me that instead of having 4 more nights of vacation, he might be off work until jan 3rd.
Friday, December 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sounds like you had a fun time...what a fun idea to have a sister's movie night :)
so happy you got to see your mum and sis...i know i go crazy not seeing my fam for a month or two...so i can only imagine who much you muss your fam not seeing them very often:)
ps...thanks for the christmas card...my kids have been playing with it for weeks. so cute! and now i'm even more excited for this baby..can't wait to hear the name!!!
EXCUUUUUUSE ME!!! I JUST HAVE TO DEFEND MYSELF HERE; YOU (MICHELLE) ASKED US TO P/U AN OTTAWA KEEPSAKE FOR KM B4 COMING DOWN - AND THAT IS WHAT WE DID! SO THERE!! IT TOOK TIME TO FIND THE PERFECT ONE, AND IT'S NOT OUR FAULT IF YOU HAD ALREADY FOUND ONE ;)SO DOUBLE SO THERE!! AND IF I (WE)JUST happened TO FIND JACKETS AT THE SAME TIME..... WELL, WOULD YOU HAVE PASSED UP A GREAT DEAL?!?! AND - YOU GOT TO WEAR MINE TO UPPER CANADA VILLAGE, SO TRIPLE SO THERE!!! ARE WE ALL CLEAR NOW?!?!?!
Post a Comment