Monday, March 02, 2009

Since I found enough time yesterday to create two new blogs, one for Mady and Kian, I suppose I should update mine...even if there's nothing interesting to post about. To start, I will tell you on Thursday I am having surgery. Not real surgery they just call it that. It's actually ElectroShock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL). It's to blast kidney stones. I have 3 stones (2 in my right kidney and 1 in my left) that are 5mm and even though I have a total of 8 stones between my two kidneys, my urologist said that they only blast ones that are bigger than 4-4.5mm. I have something called a sponge kidney where I am predisposed to kidney stones no matter what I do. So it's something I just have to live with. They have really never bothered me before but he is going to take care of them before I get pregnant again so they don't cause me any trouble. There's nothing worse than being pregnant and having to deal with kidney stones....or so I hear!! I will follow up with my urologist on the 24th and he'll see then if he blasted all of them. He's also doing other tests to figure other things out but I won't go into that until I know how it goes.
February was a slow month for deliveries at my hospital. I think there were only 5-6 deliveries and 3 c-sections but March is crazy busy for people being due so I anticipate it being hectic. I look forward to it. I love delivering babies!
We are trying to get stuff in order to start building a new house in spring. Our tax return sure will help paying off bills. We're getting quite a bit back.
http://www.empiremodularhomes.com/homes/emerald.htm
Here's a link to show you the house we are building. There are some modifications we made that I don't have a picture of right now to show you. We don't have the final plans form the architect yet. But we added two rooms. Moved the stairs over to the bathroom so we only have one hall and it leads to all the rooms. We may switch the mud room to the back of the house. It's hard for me to explain as much as it is hard for you to envision, so I'll post a pic of the final plans when we have them so you can see our dream home! But we are pretty excited.
To hear about how the kids are doing, you'll just have to go check out their own new blogs. Their links are my blog.

6 comments:

Krystin said...

Maybe it's just me, but 5-6 deliveries in that small town of yours in a month sounds like a lot to me...I guess people gotta do something when you live in the middle of nowhere...*snort* *laugh*
I'm so funny.
Good luck with the kidney stone blasting...doesn't sound like much fun.

broberts said...

hope you're surgery goes well!!! we'll keep ya in our prayers. and your house looks awesome and can't wait for more details!!! and...when do you plan on being pregers again???!!!! lol!

Anonymous said...

kay, so if you move the stairs over is the master bedroom door going to be off the great room? and are you adding an addition to get those 2 extra rooms?
i should probably just wait for you to post the new plans once you have em, huh?

Tonikka said...

OMG??? that is so crazy, i hvae been dealing with kidney stones from HE*L seriously, they will not blast them tho.. i will pass one and one forms again.. its crazy, my kids started naming them my kidney babies... i also decided to go and have gall stones... by the way my blog is updated!!

Tonikka said...

How you feeling?? hopefully the stone procedure went well... yikes i did not know you would still have to pass them... lol i was just buggin about the harassing emails..lol but it did get me off my butt...

Tonikka said...

aww love mady's blog, i tried to comment on it but the letters for verification would not come up... so it would not let me comment.. off to see your son's blog